Extensive scientific examinations have unanimously and unequivocally confirmed that the three stamps have not been faked, altered, or tampered with.
SCIENTIFIC EXPERTS AND BODIES WHO HAVE EXAMINed the cover
Professor Allan Jamieson
Director of the Forensic Institute, Glasgow
MSc, C Chem, FRSC, FCSFS, FSSoc Dip, FAE, RFP.
The Radley Forensic Document Laboratory
Professor Gene S. Hall Ph.D.
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Rutgers University
The Reading Scientific Services Laboratories
Dr. Hans Hagemann
University of Geneva
University of Bath
The Microscopy and Analysis Suite
University College London
Department of Chemistry
the scientific equipment used in the examinations
1. Foster Freeman VSC6000 comparator
2. Conventional UV and IR light examinations
3. Scanning electron microscopy (SEM) (topographic and back-scattered modes)
4. Raman spectroscopy
5. X-ray fluoroscopy (EDXRF)
6. Profilometry and surface topography
7. Confocal microscopy
8. Light microscopy
9. FT-IR (Fourier transform infrared)
THE IRREFUTIBLE SCIENTIFIC
1. The paper fibres in the areas of the right hand 7s are completely in their original state.
2. The areas of the right-hand 7s have not been painted or coloured.
3. The areas of the right-hand 7s do not fluoresce under IR or UV light.
4. The stamps have not been bleached or oxidised.
5. There are no ‘7’s cut out from other stamps and stuck on.
6. There is no evidence whatsoever of any previous existing number.
7. Depth analysis examinations show that only a figure ‘7’ was been printed through intaglio printing.
The numerous scientific tests prove without any doubt that the stamps on the Victor Hugo cover have not been faked or altered.
This slideshow shows a very small selection of definitive images extracted from the numerous unequivocal scientific reports.